December 16, 2011

Correspondence / 2


I love dumplings! Their moist exterior, and dry inside, is such a delectable reversal of nature. They're anapaleolithic, so I don't get to indulge them much of late. Now I'm hungry for some. I always wanted a second burger too. Birthday cake was overrated. 

Oh no... Not the dreaded skinny-fat! You're young. There's plenty of toning left in your life. And never underestimate the appeal of a touch of zaftig. You're a stylish girl. You'll always have that. I feel better when my weight is under control, though. Lighter = lighter. Body, mind, and soul. And a bit of muscle, which is power, lightens the burden of carnal existence still more. I was thinking recently how when I was a youngster, except when I was sick or injured, I was transparent to myself, my body scarcely existed. I was all perception, desire, fear, and will. Seems the arc of physical life is calibrated against the influence of gravity.  A quick ramp-up to escape velocity followed by a brief orbit, and a slow and inexorable decline.

It's cooler here now, in the 60s, and in the 40s at night. Soon I'll be sleeping with the windows open, in my underwear, and under a couple of quilts. The weight of all that stuff, pinning me into my winter cocoon, is somehow comforting. So unlike summer, and its preference for weightless repose, weightless dreams...



Labels

DIVE IN...